- 21.6hp Kubota Diesel Engine: Power when and where you need it. Even when the trail disappears, you can rely on the RTV X-Series’ powerful diesel engines to keep you moving forward. Kubota-built and trail- proven, these 3-cylinder liquid-cooled diesel engines have a well-earned reputation for dependable performance even in the harshest terrains. The RTV-X900 comes with a robust 21.6 HP engine.
- VHT-X Variable Hydraulic Transmission with Oil Cooler: Kubota has more experience in variable hydraulic transmissions than any other Utility Vehicle manufacturer. Kubota’s advanced VHT-X offers a wide torque band and large oil coolers that boost performance and durability.
- In-Line 2-speed Shifter (L-H-N-R): You’ll shift less often and maintain better control, thanks to new transmission gearing with just two forward speeds (high and low), plus neutral, and reverse.
- Limited-Slip Front Differential: True 4-wheel drive with a limited-slip front differential and a locking rear differential help reduce wheel spin to a minimum, giving you greater control and a smoother ride on rough or muddy terrain.
- Dynamic Braking: You’ll feel more secure, especially when traveling down long inclines, knowing that dynamic braking is providing additional braking power and greater driving control.
- Strong High-Rigidity Frame: The high-rigidity steel frame isolates the occupants from noise, vibrations, and harshness. With structural strength that few in the industry can match, this durable frame can take years of punishment from heavy loads and rough terrain.
- ROPS meets SAE and OSHA standards: For your safety and protection, a ROPS is a standard feature on the RTV-X900. This ROPS meets SAE J2194 and OSHA 1928 standards.
- 20% Larger, Clog-Resistant Radiator: Open the hood, and you’ll find the radiator and air-intake located high and up front, where the air is cleaner and cooler. This improves both radiator performance and simplifies maintenance. Kubota’s wide fin pitch design minimizes clogging, further improving radiator performance.
- Front & Rear Independent Suspension: Regardless of the terrain or load, independent suspension on all four wheels ensures a truly exceptional ride. Kubota’s Extra Duty IRS (Independent Rear Suspension) technology also sets a new standard for durability.
- Height-Adjustable Front & Rear Suspension: Whether you’ve got a heavy load or no load at all, adjustment of the front and rear suspension height will ensure the proper vehicle height for a smooth ride and optimum driveability.
- High Ground Clearance-- 10.4 inches: The new X-series raises the bar on ground clearance—to a full 10.4” with 8” of suspension travel—letting you glide over the bumps rather than through them.
- CV Joint Protectors & Skid Plates: Obstacles on the trail? CV joint protectors and heavy-duty skid plates will protect the most critical parts of the engine and transmission.
- 60:40 Split-Bench Seats: The split-bench style seat is ergonomically designed to provide hours of riding comfort. The driver’s side is adjustable fore and aft on Worksite models only.
- Hydraulic Power Steering: Responsive hydrostatic power steering gives you the control you need to tame any terrain.
- Digital Meter Cluster: Bright, with large, easy-to-read indicators, this digital meter cluster keeps you informed of all critical driving conditions, including speed, hours, and miles traveled. An Overheat Alarm (light and audio) helps prevent engine damage.
- Easily Accessible Dash-mounted Parking Brake: The parking brake is conveniently located on the dashboard for easier access as well as more legroom.
- Glove Box (Cover optional): A large glove box on the passenger side provides fast access to critical tools and personal effects.
- Under-Seat Storage Compartments: Large compartments under the split-bench seats provide plenty of convenient storage space for tools, tie-downs, and personal items.
- Tie-down hooks in four corners of Cargo Box: Four tie-down hooks in the corners of the cargo box help keep loads in place no matter how rough the terrain.
- 1100 lbs Cargo Capacity: It’s not enough to get you there and back. You need to get your stuff there and back, as well. This heavy-duty steel cargo box can do that for you, carrying up to a half-ton (1,102 lbs.) of tools, firewood, gear, supplies...whatever you need to haul from here to there and back again. Cargo tie-down hooks help keep your gear secure.
- Factory Spray-on Bed Liner Option: An optional factory-installed bed liner helps protect the cargo bed from dirt and damage.
- 1300 lbs Towing Capacity: Standard front and rear two-inch hitch receivers at the front and back let you tow up to 1,300 lbs. of gear.
- Model: RTV-X900 General Purpose
- Body color: Kubota Orange
- Make: KUBOTA D902-E4-UV
- Type: 3-cylinders, 4-cycle, diesel, OHV
- Displacement cu.in (cc): 54.8 (898)
- Horsepower HP (kW)/rpm: 21.6 (16.1) @3200
- Cooling system: Liquid
- Battery: 540 CCA
Transmission and Drivetrain
- Type: Variable hydro transmission (VHTX)
- Gear selection: Hi-Lo range forward, neutral, reverse
- Max. traveling speed mph (km/h): 0-25 (0-40)
- 4WD system: Front differential: Limited-slip differential
- 4WD system: Rear differential: Foot operated differential lock
Steering and Suspension
- Steering: Hydrostatic power
- Brakes Front / Rear: Wet-disc brakes
- Parking brake: Rear wheel, hand operated
- Front suspension: Independent, Dual A-arms with adjustable spring preload
- Front suspension travel in. (mm): 8 (205)
- Rear suspension: Independent with coil over shock
- Rear suspension travel in. (mm): 8 (205)
Occupant Protective System (OPS)
- Tubular overhead structure in. (mm): 2.0 (50.8) steel tube
- Seat belts: 2-point
- Certification: SAE J2194 and OSHA 1928 ROPS
Dimensions and Weight
- Length in. (mm): 120.3 (3055)
- Width in. (mm): 63.2 (1605)
- Height, overall in. (mm): 79.5 (2020)
- Front tread centers in. (mm): 48.8 (1240)
- Rear tread centers in. (mm): 48.8 (1240)
- Wheelbase in. (mm): 80.5 (2045)
- Turning radius ft. (m): 13.1 (4.0)
- Weight lb. (kg): 1907 (865)
- Towing capacity lb. (kg): 1300 (590)
- Payload capacity lb. (kg): 1664 (755)
- Ground clearance Front in. (mm): 10.5 (266)
- Ground clearance Rear in. (mm): 10.4 (263)
- Ground clearance Under foot platform in. (mm): 11.0 (280)
- Material: Steel
- Width x Length x Depth in. (mm): 57.7 (1465) x 40.5 (1030) x 11.2 (285)
- Volume cu ft. (m3): 15.2 (0.43)
- Bed height (unloaded) in. (mm): 34.9 (887)
- Cargo bed load lbs. (kg): 1102 (500)
- Dump: Manual
- Fuel tank capacity U.S. gal. (L): 7.9 (30)
- Sound rating at operator's ear dB(A): 85
- Tires Front and Rear ATV: 25x10-12, 6PLY
- Tires Front and Rear HDWS: 25x10-12, 6PLY
- Tires Front and Rear TURF: 25x10-12, 4PLY
- Front guard design: Simple, center only
- Alloy wheel (not available with Turf tire): Opt.
- Hydraulic bed lift: Opt.